Shipping only available to KY DC, ND, NE, NH.
In 1870 George Garvin Brown created Old Forester on Louisville, KY’s, famous Whiskey Row. In honor of that milestone year in bourbon history, we have crafted a tribute – Old Forester 1870 Original Batch – the first expression in the Old Forester Whiskey Row series.
1870 Original Batch echoes George Garvin Brown’s original batching process. Back then, Brown batched barrels obtained from three distilleries to create a consistent flavor profile. To emulate that process today, we also select barrels from three warehouses, each barrel originating from a different day of production, with a different entry proof and a different age profile. The three expressions of Old Forester are then batched together and minimally filtered to craft Old Forester 1870 Original Batch.
- Nose: Clove notes spice up a medley of citrus fruits (orange, grapefruit, blood orange), all softened with a delicate, sweet, floral honeysuckle character.
- Palate: Baking spices (clove, cinnamon, nutmeg) flow into a citrus-fruit mix and shortbread sweetness.
- Finish: Soft, with lingering fruit and spice character.
Cocktail Recommendation: Urban Jungle
- 1.5 oz. Old Forester 1870 Original Batch
- 1.5 oz. Pineapple Juice
- 0.75 oz. Campari
- 0.5 oz. Lime Juice
- 0.5 oz. Old Forester Perfect Old Fashioned Syrup
A classic tiki cocktail, the Jungle Bird, done in Louisville fashion. Citrus, tropical fruit and baking spices playfully highlight the versatility of Old Forester Bourbon. Combine all ingredients in a shaker tin with ice. Shake vigorously. Strain into Collins glass with fresh ice. Garnish with a pineapple leaf, lime wheel, mint leaves, various.