Shipping only available to KY, DC, ND, NE, NH.
Old Forester 1897 Bottled in Bond is crafted to honor a watershed moment in bourbon history – the U.S. Bottled-in-Bond Act of 1897. This expression follows the Bottled in Bond standards that whisky must be aged in a federally bonded warehouse for at least four years, the product of one distillation season, one distiller and from one distillery and bottled at 100 Proof. The concept behind these regulations – the idea of ‘sealed in quality’ – was something Old Forester introduced in 1870, as America’s First Bottled Bourbon.
- Nose: Robust, intense caramel.
- Palate: Rich vanilla with roasted coffee notes, spiced dark fruit and mature oak. Mouth-filling. Sweet and intense.
- Finish: Deep fruit, spice and oak notes layered over dark caramel and vanilla. Big and bold.
Cocktail Recommendation: River Parrellel Sazerac
- 2 oz. Old Forester 1897 Bottled in Bond
- 0.5 oz. Crème de Cacao
- 2 droppers Old Forester Smoked Cinnamon Bitters
- Absinthe/Anisette rinsed glass
The River Parallel is a soulful and dimensional interpretation of a classic Sazerac cocktail, the harmony of chocolate, anise, and smoked cinnamon round out the nuances of peppery Old Forester 1897 Bottled in Bond. Combine the first three ingredients in mixing glass, stir with ice. Strain into chilled rocks glass, which has been rinsed with absinthe/anisette. Garnish with lemon peel.